It’s been a whirlwind since I returned from Chicago and I’ve basically been swatching away. Tonight we’re going to look at a few things – but we’re starting off with the Bee’s Knees Lacquer Six Crimson Cranes Mystery Bag I received!
This is a spoiler post, so turn back if you don’t want the surprised spoiled.
Okay so… Six Crimson Cranes mysteries are all ghost flakes and light reflective glitter polishes. Customers will get 2 polishes in each bag for $26 and there will be a limit of 1 per person this time and they will be capped at 450.
These polishes will be offered again in August individually for $14.00 each if you aren’t into mysteries at all.
What are ‘Ghost Flakes’ ? They are the largest particle size of Unicorn Pee pigment. They aren’t quite as sparkly because they’re denser and more flake-like, but they have the same hard color shift. I’m glad Sarah included the description because I wasn’t 100% sure.
Okay – let’s take a look at these shades. Also something to note, BKL only added half the amount of light reflective glitter into these (compared to what they normally use) so that it adds some depth without taking away from the ghost flakes.
Here we go..
Bee’s Knees Lacquer | I Miss The Fish Cellar
I Miss The Fish Cellar is a mid toned blue jelly base with red to green to gold shifting ghost flakes and a rainbow assortment of reflective glitters. I used 3 thin coats, a thin coat of glitter smoothing top coat, and a glossy top coat for these photos.
Bee’s Knees Lacquer | The Nameless Queen
The Nameless Queen is kind of a “dirty chartreuse” to me… it’s described as a yellow leaning olive jelly base with gold to green ghost flakes and melon reflective glitters. I used 3 thin coats, a thin coat of glitter smoothing topper and a glossy top coat for these photos.
If you have a strong VNL – it will show through this one. The base is really sheer.
Bee’s Knees Lacquer | Six Crimson Cranes Mystery Bag
As usual, I’ll list all the possible polishes in this month’s mystery bags:
1. Nazayun – a rich royal purple with gold to green ghost flakes and silver light reflective glitter
2. The Blood of the Stars – a blackened blue base with red to green ghost flakes and sapphire light reflective glitter.
3. I Would Wish Your Strand Knotted To Mine, Always – a rich red with red to green ghost flakes and ruby light reflective glitter
4. The Dragons Are Out To Play – a turquoise with red to green ghost flakes and silver light reflective glitter
5. The Nameless Queen – a yellow-leaning olive with gold to green ghost flakes and melon light reflective glitter
6. Forbidden Magic – a diluted black with red to green ghost flakes and magenta light reflective glitter
7. Sometimes Poison Is Medicine In Disguise – a bright grass green with gold to green ghost flakes and emerald light reflective glitter
8. Cakes and Threads – a faded persimmon with red to green ghost flakes and gold light reflective glitter
9. You Conjured Me Out Of Hope – an indigo polish with gold to green ghost flakes and emerald light reflective glitter
10. Starstroke – a charcoal polish with red to green ghost flakes and silver light reflective glitter
11. You’ll Need a Strong Heart – a muted purple with gold to green ghost flakes and amethyst light reflective glitter
12. I Miss the Fish Cellar – a mid-toned blue with red to green ghost flakes and a rainbow of light reflective glitter
Price: $26.00 Mystery Bag (Limit 1 per Person)
Where To Buy: Bee’s Knees Lacquer Shop
Release Date: July 29th 7pm EDT – August 3rd 11:59 EDT (Unless they sell out before then)
Bee’s Knees Lacquer Social Media: Facebook | Facebook Fan Group | Instagram
Will you be snagging a bag?